Question

Software update released today?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
My controller prompted me to update my speaker software tonight but I don't see anything about it on these forums. Does anyone have any release notes?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

See the announcement section here on the community for all updates. I think the last release was 7.2 which you can read about here https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-version-72-now-available-6768056
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
I do know about the announcement thread and I updated to 7.2 quite a while ago. This wasn't a controller update but a speaker update. I can't find anything on it. Was just prompted yesterday.
Did you recently reconnect a speaker that hadn't been on the network for a while? Because it sounds like the rest of us haven't been prompted to update - I certainly haven't.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Nope. I do have a PLAYBASE though. I wonder if they issued an update just for that seeing as how it's such a new product and may have needed some early bug squashing.
That's very plausible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Nope. I do have a PLAYBASE though. I wonder if they issued an update just for that seeing as how it's such a new product and may have needed some early bug squashing.

Basically this. There was a small update with a few minor bug fixes that we decided to address quickly instead of waiting for the next update release time. I believe this one shows as 7.2.1 on some players. Nothing major to call out as to the changes.
Now I really feel left out. 😞
There was a small update with a few minor bug fixes that we decided to address quickly instead of waiting for the next update release time. I believe this one shows as 7.2.1 on some players. Nothing major to call out as to the changes.

In the Windows when prompted to upgrade to 7.2.1 it states "This update fixes a critical issue". Although it is a minor/quick release I think it still should be accompanied by release notes, especially if it fixes a critical issue. Can you tell us with the issue(s) was?
I am on 7.2, with Sonos saying no updates needed. This must be product specific; just the base probably.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am on 7.2, with Sonos saying no updates needed. This must be product specific; just the base probably.

That's correct it was a last minute adjustment to the PLAYBASE to help with the wireless in certain countries. I think critical might have been an overstatement, but at the same time we only push out updates when they include things that are important.