Software is crap

• 19 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I have thousands $$$ invested in Sonos over the last 10 years. Covers my entire house, every room including the deck. I wonder if anyone at Sonos actually uses the product. The UI is utter crap, thank goodness you dropped the horrendous white background. I mean, that was just low hanging fruit you created to begin with. 9 times out of 10, late nights on the deck, I can't make Sonos do what I want it to do. Your software wasn't always great, but it also wasn't always this bad. Get a clue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, welcome to the community. I am glad you have raised your concerns, though I am not sure they are entirely well-guided. I note your dissatisfaction at the layout and look/feel of the interface, this is valuable and appreciated feedback which I will be sure to forward for you. That being said, reliability issues are never a result of the app. The application is just a controller and no more responsible for the reliability of your system than, for instance, your TV remote would be for a poor picture on your television. We can help you improve the responsiveness and connectivity of your system. Following an occurrence of an issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I like the app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Me too. It is also massively better than Apple iphone music app, which I hate with a passion.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Your software wasn't always great, but it also wasn't always this bad. Get a clue.

Unfortunately the product manager is the kind that 'believes' he's right, doesn't matter how much feedback he gets to the contrary.

If you happen to use spotify, you can get pretty much everything important (except for grouping), done with that app instead. It sure saves on a lot of annoyance.
Sorry, I have to agree, great if your playing Pandora but if I want to play a que from my 5000 albums in my desktop I would have better luck driving around seattle till I found the albums I needed, driving home and playing the songs 1 by 1. There is always a problem playing from your music library, always