Software for Mac or PC

• 12 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Sonos software no longer supports certain functions on Mac or PC. Specifically I can no longer add a device using my Mac. The Mac and PC are not being phased out and are my choice for controlling my Sonos system. I take exception to being forced to buy another device to setup my system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos software no longer supports certain functions on Mac or PC. Specifically I can no longer add a device using my Mac. The Mac and PC are not being phased out and are my choice for controlling my Sonos system. I take exception to being forced to buy another device to setup my system.

HI wagnornm,

Welcome to the community. I'll be sure to send your feedback regarding the recent app changes to our development team.
I agree with wagnornm's comment. I have been using the MAC controller for as long as I've owned Sonos and it worked perfectly well for me. I am frustrated at being forced to use an app from a mobile device. Bring back the add device functionality on the MAC controller in the next version please.
I would not have purchased these Sonos speakers if I had known this ahead of time.