Question

Software 7.0 and UPnP

• 1 January 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi - I was reading about Sonos in another context and I was given the impression that software 7.0 is removing UPnP support? (in other words, you can't use UPnP anymore to control a Sonos system). Is this correct?

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Well I don't know about that... I'm running 7.0 (have been since its release) and I can still right-click a music file in Windows, then "Cast to..." and select one of my Sonos devices. I'm pretty sure that that "Cast to..." function in Windows uses UPnP to make it work.
Badge
What other context?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I was reading about UPnP threads on this forum and one pointed to a message from control4 that said they where having difficulties with 7.0 and Sonos API change, indicating that Sonos will/is deprecating the "legacy" UPnP protocol
I was reading about UPnP threads on this forum and one pointed to a message from control4 that said they where having difficulties with 7.0 and Sonos API change, indicating that Sonos will/is deprecating the "legacy" UPnP protocol

Pretty sure that had to do with new login methodologies for services like Spotify, not with UPnP. Testing BubbleUPnP with Sonos 7.x, working just fine...

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Great! Thank you. I'm interested in the Alexa integration but I was afraid I would not be able to use anymore my own app