snooze function issue with iOS

• 23 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Is anyone able to tell me if the snooze function for iOS apps has been fixed on S2? 

I’m currently still running S1 so that I can use CR200 controllers because the snooze function on iOS has never worked properly.  Clearly Sonos aren’t going to fix it for S1 now, I just wanted to know if it worked properly on S2. 

Currently if you long press the alarm notification on the Lock Screen it offers a snooze function but it doesn’t work.  Opening the app produces a ‘no alarm is playing’ notification.  It definitely isn’t my system - a quick search of this forum shows it to be an ongoing issue. 

I don’t want to upgrade to S2 only to discover it still hasn’t been fixed. 

It’s a real shame Sonos decided to stop making controllers.  I don’t want to have to go looking for my phone in the middle of dinner just to put some music on.  The lack of them, for me, is beginning to cheapen the entire experience.  

4 replies

I don’t use the Sonos alarm feature often, but the snooze option on S2 works here for me. See attached screenshot.

Personally, the Wife and I mostly use Alexa to set, snooze and stop our alarms on Sonos instead.

’Alexa, snooze’ or ‘Alexa, stop’ are our awakening words most days.😀

Thanks Ken - I don’t want to use Alexa or any of the domestic voice control products - I want to use Sonos as a stand-alone system and I don’t understand why the snooze function works on dedicated controllers and not on any kind of third party device!  My feeling is that the day they stopped making dedicated controllers shifted Sonos into a very middle of the road domestic market, which probably makes a lot of money but it’s a shame for the brand. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The snooze function works on my iPhone, but not if you are actively using the phone it seems. S2 with latest iOS v15 . 

If the screen is off then you get a pop up to cancel or snooze the alarm.

The snooze function works on my iPhone, but not if you are actively using the phone it seems. S2 with latest iOS v15***

If the screen is off then you get a pop up to cancel or snooze the alarm.

I also had a similar issue with snooze function, Because I am using it’s old version?

If so, where do I have to download it’s latest version?

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*