Snooze does not work with Android app

• 19 December 2018
  • 14 replies

Badge
Every time you set an alarm the controller behaves at random. Sometimes works but more often it gives not me the chance to snooze or to stop it. By the way why not programming a touch button on the device for this purpose? Nice to act when you're still sleepy in the bed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, danilo61. Welcome to the community. Not to worry, we can certainly get to the cause of why your alarms are inconsistent. Following an occurrence of an issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. Many thanks in advance.
I also have this issue. Its super frustrating
Perhaps follow the suggestion in the post right above yours?
You mean the one that says submit a diagnostic? I did that.
You'll need to either post the number here, or contact Sonos with the number. I suspect that they get too many unsolicited ones, and given that there's no way to tell them what to look for, they ignore them unless prompted.
Hi so my diagnostic number is 830975758. Snooze intermittently works. Did not even give me the option today
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi so my diagnostic number is 830975758. Snooze intermittently works. Did not even give me the option today

Thanks for posting the diagnostic report. Your Sonos speakers are reporting a communication error that is usually resolved by rebooting the speakers. Also, there is some wireless interference showing up from nearby networks on the same channel as your own. It may help to change your network's wireless channel to 6 or 1 as these are less crowded.

It wouldn't hurt to uninstall and download the Sonos app new from the app store.
Same issue for me. Phone no longer gives me alarm control options when goes off in morning. Diagnostic confirmation 2068326188.
Userlevel 1
Mine also stopped showing the snooze button. I checked the alarm before going to bed and make sure the snooze function is on and saved. When the alarm goes off the snooze button is not there and when checking the alarm settings the snooze function is off despite being saved as on 7 hours earlier.
I have 3 alarms set now at 5 min intervals. The first never shows a snooze button, the 2nd and 3rd sometimes do. But very random.
I have changed phones in the last month. Both showed the same problem.
Userlevel 2
Several updates later and it still doesn't work.
This morning the first alarm never had the snooze option.
The second alarm had the snooze option which I pressed. 5 minutes later the alarm goes off but now no snooze option.
The third alarm goes off and the snooze button is there.
Every night I check to see that snooze is saved and on most occasions it has been deactivated and has to be re-selected.
Anyone managed to solve this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
The snooze button will show up as the result of a UPnP event from the player to the controller. If the event subscription between the controller and the player is somehow lost, then the snooze button will never show up. General network issues can cause the event subscription to expire and fail to renew. You need to post diagnostic #s for Sonos Support to have a look into. If you are using Wifi, it is probably the time to "get real" and switch to a Boost instead. It is also worth checking the DHCP duration setting on your router as if an IP address changes on either end then the subscription can break.
Userlevel 2
Thank for the advise regarding network issues. It did use to work and I've changed nothing on my network. But I'll take a look.
It's funny how the CR100 controllers never missed a beat in the 12+ years I had them. Never failed to wake up and snooze. Easy for anyone to use.
Since not having them my Sonos system has been a nightmare. The fact that in 12+ years I've never had an issue and never needed to go on a forum must say something about how Sonos business model has changed, and not for the better imo.
I did submit a diagnostic number but did not realise I needed to post it here. Why make it so complicated. Here it is 1598248025
Userlevel 2
So last night I made sure 3 alarms were saved with the snooze function set and saved.
This morning the alarms went off but the phone screen never woke up on its own and when i turned it on the snooze option was not available.
I checked the alarm settings and all 3 alarms had the snooze option turned off.
This regualrly happens. I'm no expert but surely this has nothing to do with network settings and is an app issue.
I sent in diagnostics 1552833119
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hopefully Support can figure out the other issue from the diags.