Snooze Button or Remote Programmable Button

any one else like to have a snooze button for the Sonos Alarm, ever tried to shut it off when you are not fully awake, have to find a smart device, unlock it, find the app, wait for it to open, find the room and hit the stop button to much effort in the morning. something like what Phillips have done with the remote switch for the HUE Bulbs (sorry for off brand) but they have a programmable button to control the lights, the same would be great for the Sonos system

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Get an Echo Dot. It makes a great alarm clock with snooze and you will eventually be able to use it to control your Sonos system.
Amazon does not ship that product to Australia, which is where I live.
Agreed we need a snooze function. Alarm is either on or off. Let's both write to Sonos and request this?
they could even put one on the Bridge Unit
The existing Play/Pause button would make a great snooze button - the Sonos knows the alarm was triggered, so could pause instead of stopping. The industry standard snooze time seems to be 9 minutes (no idea why)?

Even better would be to reduce the volume to, say, 25% of the alarm volume, to give the user feedback that it's just snoozing, not off.

Even better again, during snooze, the user could then ask for quiet, using the volume control (or the play/pause button?), but at the end of the snooze, it would revert to the full alarm volume (to be sure of waking the user up).
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
You can use Flic buttons and SonoSequencr to either stop the alarm, reduce the volume or even stop the alarm and set a new one in 9 (configurable) minutes. The last one is currently not implemented but i will add this option if it is helpful.
My old alarm has just broken so I found the alarm within the SONOS app. I tried it out the other day and I can not believe it does not include a basic alarm feature as a snooze button.
You could configure any of the 3 buttons to be a snooze within the software and once the alarm has been switched off it could revert back to normal functionality.
Is there any way to submit product ideas to SONOS for them to consider including it within the software?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
My old alarm has just broken so I found the alarm within the SONOS app. I tried it out the other day and I can not believe it does not include a basic alarm feature as a snooze button.
You could configure any of the 3 buttons to be a snooze within the software and once the alarm has been switched off it could revert back to normal functionality.
Is there any way to submit product ideas to SONOS for them to consider including it within the software?

This idea has been mooted before but Sonos will see it here.

Personally I just program 2 alarms spaced ten minutes apart so essentially the same thing.
Hi Stuart

I like the feature that you can set it for the days you want, so it just goes on with out having to remember setting it at night.
I did think of that setting 2 alarms but sometimes i don't snooze and just get up.So if I have preset it for days that i am working and and got up with the first alarm, the alarm would be going off while i was in the shower haha.

Just thought they have gone to the effort of putting an alarm in the software just would have thought it would not be to hard to include a snooze to it.

Mark
Badge
The old 'sonos controler' had a snooze feature. I keep it in its charging cradle by my bed.
Userlevel 1
Badge
About 5 years ago when SONOS eliminated the remote control (which had a snooze button on it), I started a topic requesting a snooze button. It ran for a couple of years and had about 1000 agreeing replies. The only reply every received from SONOS was that "all feature requests are reviewed by the engineers" despite many of us asking for the reason why it cannot be done. There must be some technical reason why the software for iOS and Android cannot include a snooze button - but SONOS has never explained why it cannot be accomplished.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we just adding Snooze to the Alarm features. Take a look here for details.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hooray! SONOS finally added a snooze to the alarm! Five years is a while to wait but thank you for getting there.
This new snooze function is not really any use. I can’t be the only person who wants to reach out and touch the volume button on the bedside Sonos play one, and have it snooze. If I understand how this is implemented, instead I need to ensure I take my iPhone to my bedside (which I specifically avoid) and when the alarm goes off, I have to scramble around to pick up the iPhone, have my sleepy eyes started with a bright screen, and find the snooze control. By this stage, I’ll be awake and not lapsing into 10 more minutes of restful slumber. So for now I just need to set multiple alarms 10 mins apart as I’ve been doing for several months. In other words this “enhancement” is irrelevant and a total waste of time. Or maybe I’m misunderstanding how it works?
A total waste of time for you, but most people who do keep their phone bedside find it quite useful. So maybe asking for a similar function on the device itself sans the disparaging rhetoric will better convince hardworking engineers who propose these enhancements of the benefits of your idea.
I agree I think you should be able to write the software easily to program the volume button to snooze the alarm. It’s for this same reason I don’t use it.
If you can stop the alarm with the play pause button why can’t you snooze with the volume button??
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I agree I think you should be able to write the software easily to program the volume button to snooze the alarm. It’s for this same reason I don’t use it.
If you can stop the alarm with the play pause button why can’t you snooze with the volume button??

Which volume button? Down or up? What should happen if you hit the mute button? What if you want to put the volume up or down (and not snooze)?

Your glib assertion that "should be able to write the software easily" ignores the fact, even if the coding were simple, the logic most certainly isn't.
And for the record I fed back in the Beta that in it's current form, for me, the snooze feature doesn't work. But I recognise there are challenges that need to be considered when allocating new functions to keys that already have functions that users will expect to still work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Your glib assertion that "should be able to write the software easily" ignores the fact, even if the coding were simple, the logic most certainly isn't.

The Snooze API has existed in Sonos forever, in fact when you call it, the PC controller displays a cute little "zzz" icon instead of the alarm clock. (The iPhone controller doesn't display anything). [I am adding Snooze support to my apps currently].
Doesn't sound like SONOS have listened to their users over the past 5+ years. Is this really an unreasonable or difficult ask. A physical snooze button is a basic alarm feature
Snooze on the Play ONE is a BIG NEED! To use the Mobile ist not a solution or advantage! So I can use the Mobile without the Play One.