Answered

Snooze alarm on iPhone not working - No alarm playing

Hi,

when I use my Sonos One alarm I receive a notification on the screen of my iPhone XS (iOS 13.6.1). I then use 3D touch to be given the option to snooze. When I select snooze I get an alert to say “No alarm is playing” and can’t then snooze the alarm without opening Sonos App stopping the music and setting another alarm. It’s the same whether using music, radio or the Sonos chime options for the source.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Spagbrew 23 October 2020, 14:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

22 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It’s been broken for a very long time and Sonos doesn’t seem interested in addressing it.  See my thread from 2 years ago:

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/iphone-3d-touch-alarm-menu-6805152

This was with an older version of iOS, but now mine does the same as what you describe.  I had to quit trying to use Sonos for my alarm.

Thanks JimmyT.

Its a shame really as it’s one of the reasons I bought the extra Sonos One for my bedroom! I might have to revert back to my old Sony speaker/dock - at least that has a snooze button!

i wonder why Sonos aren’t doing anything to resolve this issue. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! We greatly appreciate you being a part of the Sonos family.

When a Sonos alarm goes off, it will appear on the lock screen of your iOS or Android device. You can use the notification to open the Sonos app in order to Snooze or Dismiss the alarm. On iOS, you can 3D Touch the notification to access a quick menu for these options.

That being said, it should work on your end. Try it with a different device, reset up alarm, and reinstall the Sonos app.

Let us know how it goes. It is our pleasure. We and the community are always here to help.

Issue I have is with Sonos Move, I use this for an alarm but I don’t even get any option to snooze - either on the lock screen or within the app … very annoying!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

When a Sonos alarm goes off, it will appear on the lock screen of your iOS or Android device. You can use the notification to open the Sonos app in order to Snooze or Dismiss the alarm. On iOS, you can 3D Touch the notification to access a quick menu for these options.

That being said, it should work on your end. Try it with a different device, reset up alarm, and reinstall the Sonos app.

Hi @Brett Kav, welcome to the Sonos Community! Have you tried the above response? For more information, please click this link about controlling alarms

Let us know how it goes. We and the community are always here to help.

Yep the option to snooze is not offered all I can do is stop the alarm.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

That’s right.  This hasn’t worked for a very long time and makes the alarm function unusable.  

That’s right.  This hasn’t worked for a very long time and makes the alarm function unusable.  

Thanks Jimmy … disappointing :-(

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. We’ve tried and tested the snooze functionality using the Sonos alarm and it works great. Make sure you check the Alarm options like Snooze duration and enabling the Snooze Alerts. If you all are having trouble, call 800-680-2345 from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 9 pm ET. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here. 

Hi folks. We’ve tried and tested the snooze functionality using the Sonos alarm and it works great. Make sure you check the Alarm options like Snooze duration and enabling the Snooze Alerts. If you all are having trouble, call 800-680-2345 from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 9 pm ET. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here. 

Hi Krishma, the snooze functionality does not work great it does not work at all.  For reference the snooze function is enabled and the snooze duration is set, but the option to snooze is never offered.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Brett Kav, thanks for your response. Have you tried checking in the notifications for Sonos and also trying in a different device? Also, try to remove the Sonos app from your phone and then re-add it, connect to the existing system, and make sure you allow the notifications. If still nothing, reach out to our phone support team so they can further help you and establish a remote session. Just let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi @Brett Kav, thanks for your response. Have you tried checking in the notifications for Sonos and also trying in a different device? Also, try to remove the Sonos app from your phone and then re-add it, connect to the existing system, and make sure you allow the notifications. If still nothing, reach out to our phone support team so they can further help you and establish a remote session. Just let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.

Done that and needless to say it still does not work.  Looking at all the forums this is a long standing and common issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi, @Brett Kav! I understand that it’s not working on your end and maybe to some customers but we just tried and tested it on our end and it’s perfectly working. It would be best if you reach out to our phone support team to further check it for you and enjoy the features of the Sonos speakers. Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

To work out your problem of snooze alarm on the iPhone not working, you could first update your device’s iOS system or check out some other basic settings. If they are unable to do the trick, then you might need an iOS system recovery application such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix it with a 100% success rate and without data loss.

I believe I have found a work around that has been working like a charm. 
Before you click on the notification to snooze, Open the Sonos app. Once the Sonos is open and it is connected to your system, then I swipe down to my notifications, tap the notification, and snooze. It has been working perfectly for me . If I just open the notification alert and try to snooze it says it can’t connect. I know it is sucks, but at least I’m back to snoozing to my hearts desire. I don’t know when the issue started, I do know it use to work just fine a few years ago. I don’t know if the issue is from phone updates, or app updates. It seems to me like the app is able to relay the snooze option through notifications, but it is like the app is asleep in the background. If the app is opened before the notification is opened it is fine.

Badge

I believe I have found a work around that has been working like a charm. 
Before you click on the notification to snooze, Open the Sonos app. Once the Sonos is open and it is connected to your system, then I swipe down to my notifications, tap the notification, and snooze. It has been working perfectly for me . If I just open the notification alert and try to snooze it says it can’t connect. I know it is sucks, but at least I’m back to snoozing to my hearts desire. I don’t know when the issue started, I do know it use to work just fine a few years ago. I don’t know if the issue is from phone updates, or app updates. It seems to me like the app is able to relay the snooze option through notifications, but it is like the app is asleep in the background. If the app is opened before the notification is opened it is fine.

this does not appear to work on the S2 app, I can not get the snooze feature to work regardless of whether the app is open or closed in the background.  On a side note it does not appear to be anywhere to snooze other than the alert, once the app is open the only option offered is to turn off.  

Just to clarify. On my end, when the alarm goes off, I  
1) unlock my phone

1. open the Sonos App so I see the song playing in my room that’s playing the alarm ( for me it is a Sirius Xm station)
  2. then I access my alerts and hit snooze. 

For me I’ve used it everyday since I figured it out. Before then I could never use the function. It does suck all the navigating that you have to do while you’re half asleep, and trying to go back to sleep.
Badge

Just to clarify. On my end, when the alarm goes off, I  
1) unlock my phone

1. open the Sonos App so I see the song playing in my room that’s playing the alarm ( for me it is a Sirius Xm station)
  2. then I access my alerts and hit snooze. 

For me I’ve used it everyday since I figured it out. Before then I could never use the function. It does suck all the navigating that you have to do while you’re half asleep, and trying to go back to sleep.

I did some further troubleshooting and figured out your process will not work if the APP is still open from the night before in the background, the only way it works is if you are starting a fresh instance of the APP and then go to the notifications.  It really shouldn’t be this hard and the fact that SONOS is not addressing it is even more annoying.  Just add a snooze option to the app when an alarm is playing and forget about the 3D touch alert…..

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! We greatly appreciate you being a part of the Sonos family.

Let us know how it goes. It is our pleasure. We and the community are always here to help.

Dear Krishna M and Sonos

The snooze feature does not work for me. It is exactly as described above and gives me the message you are not connected to your Sonos system. Blandly posting trite messages saying it does is not helpful. Please fix it.

Userlevel 7

@Simon_85 If you go to Settings > App Preferences and scroll down to the bottom and tap Reset App, does it fix your problem?

@Simon_85 If you go to Settings > App Preferences and scroll down to the bottom and tap Reset App, does it fix your problem?

No. I have also deleted the app and reinstalled it twice to no effect :(

Badge

@Krishma M i have tried all your suggestions with no change.  The issue exists on both my iPad and iPhone, same symptoms. The workaround that @Spagbrew outlined above does, however when you are ½ asleep it’s not a realistic option.