Sleep timer on IOS controller

• 27 September 2018
  • 11 replies

Sleep timer counts down but doesn’t switch off Tune In radio on Play 1 any longer. This has only stopped working in the last couple of weeks. Set sleep timer for 1 hr, wake up with radio still playing in the morning. Is it possible to resolve this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, Xtragirl. Thanks for posting, happy to help. Does this only happen with TuneIn? Would you mind reproducing the issue and then submitting a diagnostic report. Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. We can then take a closer look at what happens when the sleep timer should go off. Thanks!
Diagnostic report number 490162310.
I only ever set the timer when listening to the radio on Tunein so don’t know if this happens otherwise. Thanks for your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. Would you mind testing it with another audio source? This will let us know if the problem is isolated to only the radio. Here, I am unable to replicate the problem on my own system. Additionally, does this only happen in one room or on all rooms? This will help us determine if the problem is environmental or system-wide.

After taking a closer look at the diagnostic report, it seems that the system has solid communication. You may want to remove the wireless credentials from your system to ensure it doesn't switch over to the wireless network. This can be done by going to the "More" tab, Settings, Advanced Settings, Wireless Setup, Reset.
Thanks. I have removed the wireless credentials from my system as you suggested. Have tried other sources in all rooms and it seems to happen everywhere with any source. When I go back into the timer to check, it says it’s off but when I then set it a second time it seems to be ok. Wierd!
Badge
I am having the same problem. In my case, I'm using the iOS controller to play a single white noise track (Spotify), set to loop continuously. 2 hour timer counts down, but does not turn off. Has happened multiple times, but I can't recreate it consistently. Diagnostic report # is 1708498664. thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks, Stew. Unfortunately, that diagnostic does not show the issue. I'm not sure if the repeat function would somehow override the 2 hour timer. Can you try looping it, for say, 5 minutes with repeat on and then off, to see if this reveals the source of the issue?
Hi. This is happening with me also. I set sleep timer on the Sonos iOS app with TuneIn playing. The remaining time shows but I often wake up a few hours later and the Sonos is still playing. I’m using a Sonos One. This seems to happen quite regularly but not every time. I’d be grateful for any help.

Diagnostic is 326529459.
This is also happening to me. Set a sleep timer to the radio or a podcast and wake up in the early hours to the radio or queued music still playing. Not sure how I would submit diagnostics on this. I use either an iPad or iPhone Sonos app to set the timer. Not noticed an issue with one over the other. It’s been intermittent also.
Badge +1
It's also happened to me. When you put twice, with a great chance it not happens then. I also ordered that:
https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/setting-a-sleep-timer-functions-for-improvement-6819051
Userlevel 1
I have the same issue. Happens both when setting the timer via iPhone (mine or my wife's) or via iPad. Typically when playing Pandora station. Is intermittent and difficult to replicate.