Answered

Sleep timer in IOS app bug

• 16 September 2018
  • 10 replies

Since some time i have to set the sleep timer twice to make it work. First time i set it, nothing happens. When i set it again, it works. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour recently? I'm using a Play 1.
icon

Best answer by ratty 16 September 2018, 15:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Yes I believe I have. I thought for a time that I'd been too sleepy to set the timer correctly, but controlled tests confirm that there's an intermittent problem, at least using iOS 9.3.5 on an iTouch 5G.

Visiting the sleep timer menu twice seems to resolve it.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Same here. I will go into settings by clicking ..., select the sleep timer value and goes back to current song screen. Go back into settings and the sleep timer is off. Very intermittent whether it really gets set or not. Sometimes if I go to settings to see how much is left on the timer and just click outside the screen to get back to the current song, that seems to cancel the timer too.
Same here too. Every time I set a sleep timer I go back to the menu again to see if it has gone through ok. It often doesn’t ‘stick’ the first time, but always does after the second time of setting it.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have the same problem! Sonos, please fix this. I wake up middle of the night because music is still playing.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
This issue happens to me nearly every night. I have to revisit the setting just to see whether it is really set. It can often take 3 or more attempts to set. 3 attempts to set actually requires 4 visits to the function as I always now need to revisit to verify success.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
This is also an issue for me and has been happening since last year. I have an iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.1.4 with the most recent version of the Sonos app as of today.
I've had this problem since 2018 also. I run the app on an iPhone 8 Plus. This is a very unnerving bug which makes me lose confidence in the app!
This is NOT a resolution. This is a very unacceptable workaround.

Yes I believe I have. I thought for a time that I'd been too sleepy to set the timer correctly, but controlled tests confirm that there's an intermittent problem, at least using iOS 9.3.5 on an iTouch 5G.

Visiting the sleep timer menu twice seems to resolve it.
Badge
yep this has been an ongoing bug for me for months