Single page experience for volume, EQ & Advanced Audio controls

• 19 February 2018
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
I'm constantly tweaking my EQ, Surround and Sub levels based on what I'm watching or listening to. I really just want these sliders all on the same page instead of drilling into the Advanced audio menu all the time. Wireframes attached.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for sharing and drawing up your idea, gerard.galasso. I will be sure to get this to the team for consideration. Thanks again for the feedback!
Userlevel 2
+1 on that, please.
Can we also get software update notifications without losing controls until we do the update?
Userlevel 2
OH I remembered one other idea I had. Sound Profiles. Like one sound setting for the TV and one for Music so I can switch back and forth instantly before fine tuning my EQ, SUB and Surround setting.
Totally agree with this. Just got a Beam to add to my other rooms. I haven't previously wanted or needed to change the EQ or Loudness function, but with the Beam I just don't always need the TV sound that BIG. Especially when the kids are playing Fortnight - it demands a gentler EQ and Loudness than watching the sport or a movie, but the settings are buried. Even a shortcut from the Room screen to the EQ screen would help.
Love this idea. I don't change my EQ often, but it does seem quite buried when it could be tied a little more closely to the volume. I also really like the idea of having sound profiles or "scenes" for different scenarios. GREAT ideas!
I agree! I'm constantly configuring the settings to get a perspective of the sound. A page with user shortcuts to the features wanted would also be nice. I find in inconvinient to navigate thorugh the settings all the time, with all the different tabs, which I rarely use.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
+1 for this request, i'm on android and woukd be great to have the below options added to the current widget.

EQ levels
Suround level
Surround on/off

These along with the options all ready on tbe widget are what I use most. Maybe a configurable one would be good so people could tailor it to suit.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm constantly tweaking my EQ, Surround and Sub levels based on what I'm watching or listening to. I really just want these sliders all on the same page instead of drilling into the Advanced audio menu all the time. Wireframes attached. Hahaha: I clicked on the "quote" link about 10 times and reloaded the page before realizing that I wasn't signed in. I guess that is the default: when not signed in, the link is just dead, no prompts, no response at all. Lol. Anyway back on topic... +1 for this feature request. I like your drawing, you just left out the balance slider. : )
I'd like this also, but with the addition of a midrange slider as well. I've never been very pleased with the EQ options.
Yes, sound profiles will be very much appreciated. I have to enter too many settings to tweak the bass levels on my general eq and sub level on a daily basis, especially at night when I want to lower the bass so as not to disturb my neighbours.

I had a similar request. I notice a disparate level of bass in music from before 2000 and most of today's newer stuff.. (but not all of it..)  To have some level control on the fly (one Bass and treble (and midrange?) slider accessible from the home page - for all speakers), when a Bassy song comes on, would be welcomed. Either that or bass normalization. 
Also I think a normalization of volume from song to song for the whole system ALL the time is needed. (this actually might need to be on the streaming service but maybe Sonos could address this as well.) The difference from one song to another is often quite noticeable and adjusting volume every song is not ideal.