Single page experience for volume, EQ & Advanced Audio controls

• 19 February 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
I'm constantly tweaking my EQ, Surround and Sub levels based on what I'm watching or listening to. I really just want these sliders all on the same page instead of drilling into the Advanced audio menu all the time. Wireframes attached.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for sharing and drawing up your idea, gerard.galasso. I will be sure to get this to the team for consideration. Thanks again for the feedback!
Userlevel 2
+1 on that, please.
Can we also get software update notifications without losing controls until we do the update?
Userlevel 2
OH I remembered one other idea I had. Sound Profiles. Like one sound setting for the TV and one for Music so I can switch back and forth instantly before fine tuning my EQ, SUB and Surround setting.
Totally agree with this. Just got a Beam to add to my other rooms. I haven't previously wanted or needed to change the EQ or Loudness function, but with the Beam I just don't always need the TV sound that BIG. Especially when the kids are playing Fortnight - it demands a gentler EQ and Loudness than watching the sport or a movie, but the settings are buried. Even a shortcut from the Room screen to the EQ screen would help.
Love this idea. I don't change my EQ often, but it does seem quite buried when it could be tied a little more closely to the volume. I also really like the idea of having sound profiles or "scenes" for different scenarios. GREAT ideas!
I agree! I'm constantly configuring the settings to get a perspective of the sound. A page with user shortcuts to the features wanted would also be nice. I find in inconvinient to navigate thorugh the settings all the time, with all the different tabs, which I rarely use.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
+1 for this request, i'm on android and woukd be great to have the below options added to the current widget.

EQ levels
Suround level
Surround on/off

These along with the options all ready on tbe widget are what I use most. Maybe a configurable one would be good so people could tailor it to suit.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm constantly tweaking my EQ, Surround and Sub levels based on what I'm watching or listening to. I really just want these sliders all on the same page instead of drilling into the Advanced audio menu all the time. Wireframes attached. Hahaha: I clicked on the "quote" link about 10 times and reloaded the page before realizing that I wasn't signed in. I guess that is the default: when not signed in, the link is just dead, no prompts, no response at all. Lol. Anyway back on topic... +1 for this feature request. I like your drawing, you just left out the balance slider. : )
I'd like this also, but with the addition of a midrange slider as well. I've never been very pleased with the EQ options.
Yes, sound profiles will be very much appreciated. I have to enter too many settings to tweak the bass levels on my general eq and sub level on a daily basis, especially at night when I want to lower the bass so as not to disturb my neighbours.