Simulcast to Sonos Speakers & Sertao Output?

• 23 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi There.

Loving the Sonos One, great little speaker. Definitely going to invest in more eventually however I Do have a question.

I DJ, often from my living room using a DDJ SX and Serato.
This is connected to a system in the lounge, but I would love the ability to have this also casted to my Sonos One in the kitchen, and eventually all round the house.

I have read a lot of stuff that says you shouldn't connect to Sonos directly due to the latency
But is there a way to stream to my speaker whilst still being in my sound system at home?

I found this, which I am going to test, but this looks like it would send the whole signal (or not at all as the signal comes outside of the computer, from the DDJ SX... so I would probably have to route it back in with the monitor channel or something)

Any ideas anyone has would be great.

Thanks in advance folks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Davidian. Welcome to the community, sadly I have never heard of any latency-free solution that will enable you to cast directly to the Sonos One. I'm happy to be proven wrong, let's see what the community has to say.
Userlevel 7
Hi Davidian

That's a very nice Pioneer Deck. Although I use Virtual DJ 😉 OK...enough with the jokes....

You could possibly use a AV Splitter like the one in the link.

https://www.amazon.com/HONONJO-Video-Audio-Amplifier-Splitter/dp/B07K8GBC35/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=rca+1+in+two+out&qid=1551274431&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spell

Deck
RCA-Out Channel 1 or RCA-Out Master to RCA-In of AV Splitter
AV Splitter
RCA Channel 1 Out to RCA Channel 1 In of AMP with speakers connected via XLR
RCA Channel 2 Out to RCA-In of Sonos Connect

The downside (not counting possible lag) is level control of the Sonos. You'd have to set it and leave it or jockey (pun intedned :8) between the Deck for main speakers and the Sonos App for Sonos speakers.

I've never tried the setup myself so this would be an experiment. If you do move forward please post your results.

Cheers!
Thanks for the replies folks.

Yeah, so it looks like I would have to buy "something" to get the sound in.. e.g. sonos connect

I did have another thought. I have yet to try this out.

There is this app "stream what you hear" - link: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/a-howto-sonos-pc-speaker-free-with-stream-what-you-hear-6194840

I could probably do something like

Laptop to DDJSX
DDJSX master -> current sound system
DDJSX booth/master2 (or similar) back in to laptop
Laptop -> Stream what you hear
Stream what you hear to SONOS One

Or just leave the sonos one playing spotify playing in the kitchen whilst I DJ in the lounge

£350 for a sonos connect just to cast my sound to the kitchen when DJing probably isn't really worth it.

When I get time I will try the solution above and see if it works. It may help another DJ in the future.