Question

Simply want it to play next track

Is it me or can sonos not do something basic like play next track. If I select a track in an album, playlist etc. It just plays that track and doesn't continue to play the next tracks. What's that about?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

Is this not what the new beta "fixes"?

Yes. But I hesitate sending anyone directly to a beta due to the no iOS issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The update mentioned here in beta just got fully released. There are some big changes that just came to playing music on Sonos that I think you might like. Take a look here for the announcement and details around Sonos version 6.4.
Are you trying to buy support for this release by any chance Ryan... could be a long night 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Are you trying to buy support for this release by any chance Ryan... could be a long night :)

Nope, just letting people know who've been asking for the feature :)

We've gotten lots of great support already, and some great feedback during the beta too.
I've read about half of this page and still am not able to play an album or playlist without hitting play for each song. I shouldn't have to read an encyclopedia to do this. I'm not interested in a philosophical treatise on why all of this is the way it is. Please make your system functional. It's expensive. It should be elegant. Doesn't work with my audio books. Doesn't let me play from mobile devices now that Apple has everything cloud based. Update my software and sync my phone and now, without a lot of manual effort on my part, I can only play from my computer. But the interface sucks. So one song at a time from a single device. As far as I can tell, your product is more trouble than it's worth. I'm sure the answer is starting me in the face, but I've tried several times and several ways to play and album, now I have to get on with all of the actual work I have to do. Figuring out something that is supposed to make my life easier is not on the agenda.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I've read about half of this page and still am not able to play an album or playlist without hitting play for each song. I shouldn't have to read an encyclopedia to do this. I'm not interested in a philosophical treatise on why all of this is the way it is. Please make your system functional. It's expensive. It should be elegant. Doesn't work with my audio books. Doesn't let me play from mobile devices now that Apple has everything cloud based. Update my software and sync my phone and now, without a lot of manual effort on my part, I can only play from my computer. But the interface sucks. So one song at a time from a single device. As far as I can tell, your product is more trouble than it's worth. I'm sure the answer is starting me in the face, but I've tried several times and several ways to play and album, now I have to get on with all of the actual work I have to do. Figuring out something that is supposed to make my life easier is not on the agenda.

I a, totally confused about the problem you are having.
Is that a question or a dismissal?
One song at a time? Long press on the song or hit the three dots. Choose to play now, play next, or add to end of queue.
Thx!
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Is that a question or a dismissal?

No dismissal I wasn't sure I understood the problem.
I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. Just got my system and this still doesn’t seem to work. I just want to start playing songs midway through my playlist and not have the music player go back to playing the first track in the playlist. Not cool.