Answered

Shuffle and Repeat not working

• 24 May 2018
  • 5 replies

My shuffle and repeat songs icons are greyed out and I cannot use these functions. I am using a MacBook Pro. I've never had this problem before. Any ideas on how to fix this? I like to shuffle my playlists.
icon

Best answer by controlav 28 May 2018, 15:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

That's odd. What version of the controller are you using? Which version of firmware is on your speakers? Where is the source of the music that you're trying to shuffle/repeat?
Having the same issue, can't click repeat or shuffle from the sonos desktop app. Setting repeat from spotify does work but it's not reflected in the UI of sonos. Version of the sonos controller is 8.5.1
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
The ability to shuffle and repeat depends on what exactly you are playing. You can only shuffle if the queue has items, for example, and "dynamic containers" don't use the queue (eg you cannot shuffle a Pandora station). There are similar (but different) rules for Repeat.
Userlevel 2
It appears this problem has surfaced only recently. I assume there must be new "rules" at Sonos. Why? What is the point of this new limitation?
I don't think Sonos' rules have changed. I'd continue to ask the same question as before. What version of the controller are you using, what version of the firmware is on your speakers (in "about my Sonos system"), and what is the source of the music that you're having an issue with?