Shuffle always on

• 19 November 2012
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hi, One thing that is annoying is that there is no way to permanently turn ON the shuffle feature. In other words, no matter which playlist I select, I want it to be in SHUFFLE mode. At the moment, each time I select a playlist, I need to manually select shuffle. Seems obvious to me... some people don't care about the order of the tunes, but would appreciated that there is a good MIX all the time. Not the same tunes in the same order. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would also love to have an always on feature for the shuffle mode. I am controlling the Sonos speaker via Home Assistant and it keeps starting the playlists at the same track each time I start the playback.
If you select the shuffle option when selecting the playlist to play, you get shuffled mode. And then any playlist you seek to replace the queue with, is automatically in shuffled mode.

I don't see the reason for the complaint - I usually play only playlists, and almost always in shuffled mode.
This might be the case for the Sonos app, but it does not work when selecting a playlist from my Sonos favorites via a script called by Home Assistant. The playlist always starts at the same track when called via Home Assistant.