Answered

Shuffle all music

• 16 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am new to the Sonos app. How do I shuffle all songs from all albums? Right now I only have an amazon account and I added all of my albums to "my Sonos", but I can only shuffle 1 album or multiple albums from 1 artist. I've searched this forum and a number of people mentioned adding albums to a queue, but I can't figure that out either. When I play one album it queue's those songs. If I start to play another album it queue's those songs, but does not remember the previous queue'd songs. I also don't want to have to individually add every album to a queue. Is there an easy way to just shuffle all of the songs in my Sonos library?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 16 October 2018, 22:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If you long press on an artist/album/track, you can choose to add to the queue in various ways, rather than replace the queue. As to shuffling all music, most menus in My Music Library have an "All Tracks" listing at the top. Long press on that and you can choose to add or replace the queue with all songs in the tracks, genre, artist, composer, etc. menu.
Thanks Jgatie. Good to know about the long press. Once you've added albums to the queue, how do you find the queue? Also, this seems like a tedious process to shuffle my whole library. I don't see an "All Tracks" listing anywhere. By "My Music Library" are you referring to MY SONOS? I'm on iOS. Perhaps you could send a screen shot?
Thanks Jgatie. Good to know about the long press. Once you've added albums to the queue, how do you find the queue? Also, this seems like a tedious process to shuffle my whole library. I don't see an "All Tracks" listing anywhere. By "My Music Library" are you referring to MY SONOS? I'm on iOS. Perhaps you could send a screen shot?

Music Library will be under the Browse tab.

For the Queue, on the Now Playing screen, tap

to view the Queue. On tablets such as the iPad, the queue is visible from the Now Playing screen.
Thank you again. I think I have the queue figured out now. But my screen looks different. Perhaps they updated the software, but I don't see a music library anywhere.
After playing around with the app, I figured out that I can shuffle all of the amazon music under "tracks" and long press tracks to add all to the queue from there. That is basically what I wanted.