Question

Shuffle all CD tracks or albums in a personal library

• 21 October 2020
  • 3 replies

SURELY there is a way to shuffle all CD tracks or albums in a personal library without having to individually add CDs or songs to a playlist by now??!!  The posts I found related to this topic are all several years old and I have brand new Sonos equipment.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

In the app, go to *Library” and chose “Tracks”; at the top you’ll see the shuffle button.

I’m not aware that you can shuffle on album level..

Thank you very much.  I do not have a “Tracks” folder in my app under my Library, but interestingly, just hours after posting my question, I was playing around and found that one folder in the music library, called “Folders” also contains a subfolder of our music library listed by artist that does have a shuffle option, whereas the “Artist” folder higher up doesn’t have one.  I haven’t been listening long, but it appears to be shuffling randomly through our collection.  But then a song played and I didn’t recognize either the song or artist, which I then saw was playing from Sonos Radio.  Not sure how that one came up, but I hope it was a result of operator error and not something Sonos tossed in the mix.

We did not set up our own Sonos system, so the difference may just be that the person who set it up named it differently. 

Hi.  There is nothing that relates to how your system was set up.  It is all standard. Depending on the device you are using, you may have ‘Songs’ rather than ‘Tracks’.  You will find a shuffle option there.

The ‘Folders’ view reflects how the music is organised on your storage device.  The other views are not folders, but are organised based on information embedded in the music files, known as ‘metadata’ or ‘tags’.