Question

Should I buy Echo

• 10 July 2017
  • 1 reply

Hey everybody with the impending Prime day I was wondering if I should just pony up and get a few Echo's at a great price now with hopes it will in the future be able to control my SONOS system? If yes, mind you I have zero experience with Echo, how many would you need for 6 rooms? I assume 6. Any help would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hey everybody with the impending Prime day I was wondering if I should just pony up and get a few Echo's at a great price now with hopes it will in the future be able to control my SONOS system? If yes, mind you I have zero experience with Echo, how many would you need for 6 rooms? I assume 6. Any help would be appreciated.

Sonos has stated the following (emphasis mine):

These new voice capabilities will be delivered in a software update that will work with new and previously purchased Sonos and Alexa-enabled devices such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap, and Amazon Fire TV.

http://press-us.sonos.com/134980-sonos-with-partners-and-industry-leaders-ushers-in-new-era-of-connected-home-listening

So the Voice Control capabilities are going to be compatible will all Sonos/Alexa units past and present, and you can be sure that if you buy a Sonos/Alexa device now, it will work with the new implementation.