Answered

Shaw Blue Curve and Mac

• 13 January 2020
  • 2 replies

I installed a new Blue Curve Router and was able to get Sonos up and working on my iPhone but not my Mac. The instructions don’t work because I can’t find how to update my network setting in the app on my Mac.  I tried attaching an ethernet cable (which I didn’t have with my previous set up but that didn’t help my Mac.) How can I update my network settings in my Sonos app on my Mac?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 January 2020, 18:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m not sure I completely understand your question, so I’ll say some things, and hopefully they’ll make some sense, and we can have further dialogue. 

If the controller app on the Mac isn’t “seeing” the Sonos, then there may be an issue with what “side” of the router the Mac is connecting to. Try connecting the Mac to the 2.4Ghz  channel, rather than the 5Ghz signal, or, connect the Mac to the router with an Ethernet cable. It sounds like the Sonos is working because your iPad sees it, just not the Mac.

I’ve never heard of a Shaw Blue Curve, but it’s possible that there’s a setting on it that restricts the passing of data between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels.

But if the controller on the Mac connects to the Sonos, you still won’t see any network management options, as they’ve removed that from the desktop controllers, which now are basically just used for setting up the library, and controlling playback and grouping. However, the network controls in the app affect the speakers themselves, and not the Mac’s settings, so I’m a tad confused there anyway.

Thanks Bruce. 

The Blue Curve is a router and hub used by my cable provider, Shaw. In the end the set up for the router was not properly completed. Once Shaw sorted that out Sonos connected properly on my Mac. 

Joy