Answered

Sharing Sonos Account

• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to connect SONOS to more than one Spotify account?

I use Spotify for streaming music and have my Spotify account connected to my SONOS system. But when my wife logs in to SONOS from her phone or laptop, it connects to MY Spotify account.

Is it possible for SONOS to connect to HER Spotify account on her phone/laptop so she can have access to her own playlists instead of having to play off mine?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 11 February 2021, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Colin1972.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Yes, she can use her own Spotify account on her laptop and phone.

I’m assuming that the Sonos account your using is a sharing account also?

If so she needs to create her own account so that she can use her own account and not able to access your anymore.

Just follow these steps to create a new account.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Is it possible to connect SONOS to more than one Spotify account?

I use Spotify for streaming music and have my Spotify account connected to my SONOS system. But when my wife logs in to SONOS from her phone or laptop, it connects to MY Spotify account.

Is it possible for SONOS to connect to HER Spotify account on her phone/laptop so she can have access to her own playlists instead of having to play off mine?

See this link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3624?language=en_US

You should not attempt to create or use an additional Sonos account.  Just get your wife to add her Spotify account to the Sonos account that is already linked to your Sonos system.  The document linked by @jgatie gives further info.