Answered

Setup problem using ios app

• 9 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I've been using my sonos connect cleanly for several years now without incident until now. If I launch the sonos app, it says its trying to link my players to my account. I eventually get the screen "Setup problem. Check your internet connection and make sure all of yours speakers are plugged in."...

I see in other posts, where you ask if the sonos device is wifi or not. I have plugged it into my network via ethernet cable but still can't get anywhere with this app. I'm not trying to add any new sonos devices but simply get back to controlling my connect through it.

What's the next step?
icon

Best answer by callagh 11 July 2018, 00:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, callagh. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Does this only happen on your mobile device? Are you able to access Sonos on another controller like a computer or other mobile device?
so here's where it stands right now. First, my account is now referencing a bridge that apparently was registered 5+ years ago that I definitely don't use or have. That is what kicks me into the loop of trying to link a product to my account but it fails (on a mobile or pc).
I've got my play:1 working without any issues.
However, my connect isn't working at all. It's connected directly into my router and I factory reset it so I'm getting the flashing amber light. However, when I click on "add a player or sub", it doesn't find it but wants to link the non-existent bridge.
Any thoughts on the next step to get my connect back online?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. Do you have physical access to the main router? Sonos devices should not appear on the network unless they are actually on the network. Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying here with the confirmation number it gives at the end?

Thanks in advance.
Problem solved. I suspect there might be a faster route to the same solution because users shouldn't have to do what I did. I didn't see a way to start a new configuration in the ios app or the pc application. I ended up removing the sonos app from my phone and re-installing it. It asks if I want to start a new configuration and I said yes. It immediately recognized the connect and things went smoothly at that point. Why the app can't see the same device, in the same state, under an existing configuration versus a new configuration is a bug.