Settings get reset after update

Badge +4
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 24 replies
Is it normal after an update to the Sonos app to have to reapply changes to your surrounds? I had set my surrounds to max and now after the update they were back in the middle of the setting between max and ambient.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have never had any of my settings change after dozens of updates.

And I have never heard of a slider setting that labels itself Max or Ambient.

The only time I have seen ambient is switching on off Full/Ambient.

Full mode= speakers act as surrounds when playing sonos music / Surrounds when using TV input ….. Ambient mode=surrounds all the time
Badge +4
Ok it’s not labeled as max (my assumption)

The setting changed from this to both slides in the center
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ok that ambient below it is not a label for the sliders. The sliders are for adjusting if switching between music and TV are at different loudness levels then you like. Example: You find music soft and you turn it way up … then switch to TV and its way to loud blowing you away. You can adjust music level up some so that its average volume is comparable to TV volume and you don't have a big discrepancy between inputs. Mine have always been centered and never have changed.

The Ambient switch below it is as I described in my earlier post. You most likely want it set to FULL mode so that when listening to music you get full stereo sound out of the back speakers instead of very little sound as surrounds only.
Badge +4
Got it, thanks But the sliders did reset after the update
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No problem!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings