Answered

setting up alternatives

• 4 January 2020
  • 3 replies

amazon 7 inch firepad £50

would i be able to set up using amazon firepad with sonos app 

my mobile a samsung j3 wont work with sonos app

looking for another way dont realy want to buy any thing expensive as i have just bought windows 10 laptop

i am not to tech savy 

or what are my alternatives     thanks all

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 5 January 2020, 03:33

Why buy anything but a beer for a buddy with a newer tablet/phone? Unless you plan on adding new gear often that might serve you well.

As to devices just look for the cheapest device with a recent OS release. I got mom a $30 tablet off Amazon.

Oh! Look for a buddy with an Apple device and get them to run TruePlay for you too. I’d offer pizza and beer for that.

View original

3 replies

Here are requirements for controllers. Note that, while they can control SONOS, desktop controllers cannot be used to setup the system. Take care when buying Android devices because they may include stale versions of Android and cannot be updated. I’m not familiar with that Firepad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Why buy anything but a beer for a buddy with a newer tablet/phone? Unless you plan on adding new gear often that might serve you well.

As to devices just look for the cheapest device with a recent OS release. I got mom a $30 tablet off Amazon.

Oh! Look for a buddy with an Apple device and get them to run TruePlay for you too. I’d offer pizza and beer for that.

thanks all the way from scotland