Selecting Line-In via Harmony Hub

• 10 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Has Sonos STILL not permitted Harmony Hub or other third party controllers to select Line-In as source on Connect or other Sonos devices with a line-in? This would make a world of difference in making my Connect, Play:5 and Amp useful! Please make this happen soon Sonos

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @gtwest088, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you.

Harmony Hub-based products allow you to start favorites, control volume, and playback, and create and change Sonos groups, using the Harmony remotes or the Harmony mobile apps. Harmony “activities” can set up a Sonos group and start playback of a favorite, as well as control your entertainment system or home automation devices with a single touch. Let me share this community topic that might help you define an activity. I would also recommend reaching out to Logitech Harmony for further assistance. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Rowena,

Thanks for reviewing the capabilities of Harmony with Sonos. All things you listed have and continue to work just fine. I consider myself an advanced Harmony and Sonos user. The only thing I am having trouble with is specifically selecting Line-In as a source via Harmony hub or remote. Line-In shows as an available favorite to select via Harmony but when the command is sent, the Connect switches to an empty queue and displays “No Music Selected”.  I am able to trigger line-in selection via an HTTP post to the Connect from my PC or by manually selecting Line-In via the Sonos app. I have reached out to Harmony support and they have advised me that this is a Sonos API limitation. I have found numerous conversations/posts online by other Sonos users experiencing the same issue and desire for functionality. Many users have also noted that they have determined this to be a Sonos API restriction. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @gtwest088, thanks for your response and for sharing your feedback with us. Logitech Harmony devices can access the Sonos, by selecting an audio source to listen to. It is used to add a favorite internet radio station or playlist for easy access. However, the Sonos Line-In connections cannot be added to Sonos, so there is no way to access them from the Logitech Harmony system. We suggest reaching out to Logitech Harmony for a feature request, I'm sure they will be interested to hear about it. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

Rowena,

Line-In can in fact be added to My Sonos and saved as a favorite and then shows up as an available selection on Harmony remote. Perhaps the support team at Sonos could request a demo model from Logitech Harmony as to be able to familiarize yourselves with the functions of your Sonos products and provide better support. 

I have attached a photo of my Harmony screen where you can see that Line-In is in fact an available option. 

Perhaps this could be escalated within the support team