See what Source is playing on Windows Controller app?

• 16 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Greetings,
Is there any way to tell what source the music is playing from on the Windows controller app? Specifically when the queue is not in use and it's playing from a spotify or pandora channel or some other source. Sometimes someone else in the household starts playing something and I'd like to see what source it is playing from. I can't seem to find a way to find that bit of info on the Windows app. Using version 9.3 build 47259120.

EDIT:
Lol, just realized I posted this same question 10 months ago. Well, the controller app updated so is it possible now? :D

Thanks!
Joe

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos don't really care about the desktop apps these days. If you want to know which music service the current content is from, use my app instead of theirs, I show that.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sonos don't really care about the desktop apps these days. If you want to know which music service the current content is from, use my app instead of theirs, I show that.
Can you please reply with some details on what "my app" is and how to access it? Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Disclaimer: I use the desktop controller, so for some reason I've yet to be tempted by the window-size-position-bugs-and-loss-of-functionality appeal of a 9.2/9.3 upgrade, but unless there has been a major change recently...

You probably can't easily identify music source, as Sonos doesn't really know or care where queue items came from once they're on the queue. However, if you use the "info"/"more" links for the currently-playing track, you might get different results for local library vs Spotify etc. The presence of an "add to Spotify playlist" option is a giveaway that the current track is playing from Spotify. The complete absence of info on the "info" panel screams local library.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I get into trouble for posting the name of my Sonos app here, so just click on my name and read my bio, then go to the Windows Store and find it.