Answered

"Searching for your Sonos system" PC

• 19 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I have this same issue as listed in many other questions- but none give a solution ...except contact Sonos help? Surely there must be some sort of fix. I have downloaded the app. My computer recognises both Sonos speakers- but the Sonos App cannot find them?! The speakers and this computer are on the same wireless network. I have turned off firewalls, I have turned off vpn, I have turned off and on my router and this computer. No change. Sonos system is not new. Just trying to connect to new computer.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 24 February 2021, 09:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood, thanks for trying that @turnerag. Just to confirm, are you able to connect to the system from a different device, such as a tablet or mobile phone?

It may be worth getting in touch with the Support Team via either live chat or phone call - they’ve got more tools available, and if necessary they can perform a remote session with your computer to help you get connected :)

It is set as Private. The firewall information I had already found and it was no use either.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @turnerag, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Mind checking that the network is set as a “Private network" on the computer? You can find out here how to make a Wi-Fi network public or private in Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I’d also recommend checking our page on how to configure your firewall to work with Sonos.