Answered

"Searching for your Sonos system" PC

• 19 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I have this same issue as listed in many other questions- but none give a solution ...except contact Sonos help? Surely there must be some sort of fix. I have downloaded the app. My computer recognises both Sonos speakers- but the Sonos App cannot find them?! The speakers and this computer are on the same wireless network. I have turned off firewalls, I have turned off vpn, I have turned off and on my router and this computer. No change. Sonos system is not new. Just trying to connect to new computer.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 24 February 2021, 09:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @turnerag, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Mind checking that the network is set as a “Private network" on the computer? You can find out here how to make a Wi-Fi network public or private in Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I’d also recommend checking our page on how to configure your firewall to work with Sonos.

It is set as Private. The firewall information I had already found and it was no use either.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood, thanks for trying that @turnerag. Just to confirm, are you able to connect to the system from a different device, such as a tablet or mobile phone?

It may be worth getting in touch with the Support Team via either live chat or phone call - they’ve got more tools available, and if necessary they can perform a remote session with your computer to help you get connected :)