Answered

saved podcast unable to play on ipad and galaxy s10

Long standing podcast suddenly won't play. How do I fix it?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 May 2022, 23:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Not really enough information to say. Using the iOS device, depending on the Sonos device(s) you have, you should be able to use AirPlay 2. Assuming the storage of the podcast is in the ‘normal’ place on the Android device, ‘from this device’ in the Sonos controller should work.

I can't add Airplay2 as a service on the Sonos app. It isn't an option on the ipad.. this is what appears - at the bottom. Started a week ago. 

FYI, other podcasts play as per usual. Only Conan O'brien Needs a Friend. It will play on Stitcher. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

By the way: Airplay 2 is not a service in the Sonos app, but a way to stream the sound from apps (a non Sonos podcast app for example) from an iPhone to a Sonos device.

You’d be using another player to play the podcast, and then pull down from the upper right corner of the screen to get to the AirPlay 2 controls. AirPlay 2 is not built in to the Sonos controller, as @106rallye said. 

Sonos themselves don’t have control over which podcasts can be played, that is owned by the streaming company who notifies Sonos as to which podcasts are playable or not. 

There’s some feasibility, although I’m not sure how strongly a chance it is, that you’ve got some potential interference occurring between your speaker and your remote, since the Sonos controller is only a remote control, and not actually a player. It might be worth unplugging your Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices, and try again. It’s possible that might help, but there’s not a guaranty, especially if the restriction is coming from the streaming company.