S2: The «Pause all» button in rooms tab

Userlevel 1
  • Contributor I
  • 7 replies

To the Sonos Team: Please let me know if „Pause all” button will be restored in the S2 app (iOS)? Is it even possible to restore this button in S2 app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Could you be more specific about where you want this button to exist, or where it did? I’ve always used the “now playing” screen’s pause button, which pauses all speakers that are on that group that’s playing. But not any others, which may be what you’re driving at. I’m just not seeing where it fits in the UI as I look at S2 on my iPad. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Desktop controller FTW: bottom left of the window, Pause All. Been there since forever. Both S1 and s2 versions. Occasionally its good to have the “no UX changes” version.

Forcing me to boot up my desktop controller, which I rarely use, but there it is, you’re absolutely right (as usual). 

But i still don’t see where it “fits” on the UI flow of the iOS controller. But I think I could be convinced, I’m not saying it’s a terrible idea, I’m just not sure where it would be. 

Userlevel 1

I mean the button that was always on the S1 (iOS) version in the upper right corner of the application.  Anyway, take a look here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391?language=en_US

you will know exactly which button I mean.

The point is that when I play different music in several rooms and I would like to turn everything off massively when I leave the house, I need this one button that was in S1 once ...

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Or maybe this button is missing only in the language version of the application I use (PL)?

Please check it out.

No, you’re correct, I don’t see it on my iPad.

But doesn’t it function the same as if you were to hit that pause button on the bottom black bar?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No, you’re correct, I don’t see it on my iPad.

But doesn’t it function the same as if you were to hit that pause button on the bottom black bar?

No, it pauses every group, which is handy as the OP says when multiple things are playing eg leaving the house.

Userlevel 1

To sum up: if several players play different music (and they are not grouped), it is currently not possible to turn off mass playback on all playing speakers. So, is there even a shadow of a chance that the button „Pause All” will return in S2?

Userlevel 1

Ok, the problem has been outlined.  Please let me know if there is a chance for the button to return?  I am asking for a very precise answer ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Would this be achivable using voice commands, for example on Google Assistant?

Sonos never comments on upcoming changes to their software. The best you’ll get is a ‘thanks, we’ll pass the feedback to the relevant team’ without commitment as to whether or not it will be (re)implemented. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Would this be achivable using voice commands, for example on Google Assistant?

Just tried this. Telling Google Assistant to “Stop all music” only stops the music on the player you address. So GA is not an option to achieve this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I still use my (now retired) Alexa skill for this: when leaving the house, “Alexa, tell my speaker to pause everywhere”.

Sonos never comments on upcoming changes to their software. The best you’ll get is a ‘thanks, we’ll pass the feedback to the relevant team’ without commitment as to whether or not it will be (re)implemented. 

I would bet this is a bug rather than a dropped feature, since it appears the button does appear on Sonos support documentation.  In which case, Sonos still wouldn’t give an exact ETA, but you’d get an acknowledgement that it’s a feature that should exist.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391?language=en_US

Badge +17

Hi folks,

I can confirm that the Pause All button was removed from S2 mobile controllers by design. Unfortunately, I’m not aware of exactly why this was removed, but I can confirm that it’s not a bug and is expected. I’ll definitely pass on the comments in this thread in regard to wanting its return but as Bruce already mentioned, we don’t comment on upcoming releases on our roadmap.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I vote for the button to be reinstated. Certainly I don't use it very often in my S1 environment but it is one of those little features that just makes the controller feel that it was designed with the user in mind.