Answered

S2 controller

• 7 October 2021
  • 8 replies

S2 controller app does not open on Android version 9

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 October 2021, 12:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Both S1 and S2 work on Android version 8 and higher.

Have you tried deleting the App and re-installing, making sure to connect to existing systems.

Did everything possible. When it opens I get a screen with App information, close App or send send feedback, which I did. I bought my first Sonos when the company opened years ago and never had problems like this. Now I have a tablet with android 7 that barely controls my new speakers and another home with original Sonos that my not work with the S2 controller. If I can get it to work with my phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I’d give Sonos support a call.  It may be that your phone is not connecting to your home Wi-Fi or there is a setting in Android that tries to use mobile data to enhance wifi?  

Thanks for your help. I'm a little too far to call Sonos and spend hours waiting for tec support. Will keep trying. 

Thanks for your help. I'm a little too far to call Sonos and spend hours waiting for tec support. Will keep trying. 

Maybe see if toggling off/on enable applications from ‘unknown sources’ in the Android Settings will sort it for you.

Maybe see if toggling off/on enable applications from ‘unknown sources’ in the Android Settings will sort it for you.

That’s to enable sideloading of APKs. Hardly relevant here.

@Marzao The Sonos controller ought to work fine on Android 9. Post a screenshot of what you see when the app starts.

Tried already. As I said, spent hours on it. Will keep trying..... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Marzao 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? If so, please try the following probably-overkill steps:

• In Android’s Settings, go to Apps and find Sonos. Go to Storage and then choose to Clear Data
  • Uninstall the Sonos app
  • If you have any anti-virus software installed, please uninstall it temporarily
  • Reboot the phone/tablet
  • In Google Play Store search for Sonos and install. Make sure you download the app released by Sonos Inc.
  • Open the Sonos app

If the app still won’t open, or crashes when it does open, I can only recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. Please don’t expect an immediate fix, but we will definitely collect data and investigate.

I hope this helps.