Question

S2 app upgrade stuck at Terms of Service

I am trying to upgrade to the S2 app and cannot get past the terms of use. I view and scroll all the way down but there is not accept or way to acknowledge I agree with them.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Sonos team this is completely unacceptable customer service.  Your app is broke and you should stop prompting people to upgrade to a broken service.  I have been struggling for days now and my sonos system is just a bunch of expensive paper weights until you fix it.

Are you one of those companies that jumped on the no QA bandwagon?  If not how did this make it through ypu testing cycle?

@peekay21, you are confusing app and firmware which are different things.

If Developer Options are turned on, turn them off, and try again.

I had the same problem on my iPhone 6

To get around it:

1. Click on the terms of use, it will open Safari (read it or not) Leave Safari open!
  2. Double tap the home button on the iPhone 
  3. Swipe back to the Sonos S2 app
  4. Tap on the Accept button while leaving Safari open.

Similiar to above, I have an Android phone, so when I opened & kept open the T & C in a Chrome window, I was able to go back to the Sonos app which now displayed the Accept button, which then allowed access to the S2 app. 

Donnal, I believe you have to click on the link to view the terms, and then you’ll be able to proceed with the upgrade process.    It’s been a couple weeks since I did my upgrade, but I believe that’s how I got passed the screen.

Edit:  To clarify a bit. After viewing the T&C that pop up, go back to this screen (your screenshot) and the buttons should be enabled.

THIS is what worked for my Iphone SE 2020:

After downloading, open the app.  Swipe to Terms and Conditions screen.  Click on the link to Terms and Conditions.  Scroll up and click on the little person in the upper right.

Leave Safari open

Go back to your sonos app. There should be an accept button. Click accept.

The app jumped to the Set Up page and I was able to continue setup  from there.

Good Luck!

20 minutes later…. I just discovered this is almost the same process as described below by RobSeattle.  Except I had to LOG IN to the website before returning to the Sonos app.