Answered

S2 app installation problem

• 10 June 2020
  • 8 replies

I download the S2 app, I did he installation and the I execute the app.

I enter in the app, but I can not to do anything.

The next picture shows the screen with the “use condition” but I cant to go the next step into the sonos setup.

What is wrong???

icon

Best answer by Liberator 11 June 2020, 08:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

More data to the mistery…

With PC the Sonos S2 desktop app work OK.
The cellphone is Oppo Reno2Z with Android 9.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Good luck, The S2 PC works for me for now, the app on my iPhone is frozen with a white screen everytime I open it. It’s a bad app. And I can’t use S1 anymore either, installing s2 did something.

Badge

Press on the “use conditions” that you see, as per your screenshot in your post, above. You will be redirected to an internet page with all the conditions set out. Simply return to the app and you will have now have the option to confirm you accept the conditions and the app will open up.

OK, it works¡¡¡

My problem is my GUI/user interface is little bit different¡¡¡

Therefore I had to load the generic user interface, then I can to return the app and confirm.

Thanks¡¡¡¡

Badge

You’re welcome … Sonos should add a bit of text to advise that pressing the “conditions” will redirect to another page and that would remove any confusion. Also, from my experience, running the app on both tablet and smartphone required this step on each device, in other words, this relates to the app per device and not your system. 

Userlevel 1

How can I get passed the iOS terms of service in the S2 app?

This does not work in German. Don‘t know for other languages. But after changing to English, the above tipp with going to the web page and back actually reveals the „next“ button!

Hey Sonos team, a bite multilingual testing wouldn’t hurt!!!

Avoid S2 if you can, I’ve had nothing but issues since I sadly upgraded.  Had I known I would have remained on S1 which had zero problems for MANY years!