Answered

S2

• 11 June 2020
  • 8 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

Can the desktop controller be updated to use with S2?

icon

Best answer by buzz 12 June 2020, 00:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Yes, my Mac was updated to the S2 app. Doesn’t look any different than the S1 or previous app. 

I am using a PC . So far no success, although I have successfully downloaded the S2 app on my iphone. 

If I’m not mistaken, and I could be for Windows, you would need to download the S1 app, and then check for updates to get it to S2. 

That does not appear to work. I assume that Sonos follows the forum. Is there not someone who can answer the question whether the PC controller is capable of being updated to handle S2. Only a simple Yes/No is required. The rest is implementation. Without such an answer we are all wasting our time. 

I’m running both S1 and S2 on my W7 PC.

Since you are already running your system on S2, I suggest that you uninstall your current Windows controller and install the S2 controller from the Website.

Many thanks. That worked. Great..

Be careful if you have older Sonos products, I am sure they will be less functional and perhaps down the road not functional at all…...thats the new corporate way…..

Also, be careful about living on the Earth. Everyone who has done so so far has died.