Question

S1 Update failed, and all Sonos systems not working

• 10 September 2020
  • 4 replies

I have multiple Sonos systems.

Update to S1 app failed.  None of the Sonos systems will work.

• Unplugged and reconnected all Sonos -- did not resolve
  • Factory reset Sonos systems - did not resolve
  • Reinstalled S1 app - cannot find any Sonos systems
  • Rebooted router (although was functioning fine) - no help.

Out of ideas.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

By Sonos systems do you really mean Sonos speakers and players?

Factory resetting was a mistake.  If you reset everything then you will have to set up everything again from scratch. Is that what you have been trying to do?

Are any of your Sonos devices connected to your network by Ethernet?

John

I appreciate the reply.  I have 6 Sonos system - ZoneBride, Connect, Play5, multiple Play1.  I only factory reset one system.    Checking to see if S1 update messed up the Sonos speaker software.

Now plugging multiple Sonos devices with Ethernet cables directly to network router.  

Trying to isolate the problem source.

Nothing has worked so far.   BIG mistake to install S1 update.   Everything was working great before the update failed.  Wondering how many more hours it will take to resolve.

Thanks

thanks

Hi. It would avoid possible confusion if you stopped calling individual speakers  'systems'. The whole thing is one system.

Please connect a non-factory reset speaker by Ethernet to your router. Power off the Zone Bridge.

Can you then see any of your Sonos speakers in the app with this setup?

(There is nothing wrong with the S1 software. Bridges are becoming unreliable as they age and they are always the prime suspect when something goes wrong. 

I have the same issue.  My Sub is bricked until we can update but tech support was not able to help.  They just kept repeating upgrade to S2 again and again.  I spent an hour today.  Still not working.  They emailed me same solutions you tried. 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2382?language=en_US

Will call them tomorrow again