Answered

S1/S2 Mixed Environment Confusion

• 18 July 2021
  • 4 replies

I have several S1-era pieces that work just fine. Slowly building my S2 next gen ‘family’. I’ve got both   S1/S2 apps working just fine on my iPhone. Want to add S2 app to my iPad (which has the S1 app currently installed and working perfectly).

In order to add S2 app (to iPad), my understanding is I have to remove the S1 devices and then reset the app → that allows me to add S2 app and S2 devices to iPad → then I go back and re-add S1 era devices.

1) Is all this correct or am I wildly misguided? 2) Will this process completely wreck my happily co-existing iPhone S1/S2 marriage?

Any help/guidance would be most appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 July 2021, 23:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Ken & Airgetlam,

After repeatedly running up against a wall, I reset the S2 app to slap it on the bottom. That fixed everything and allowed me to connect as I expected. I was overthinking - as usual.

Really appreciate your time and advice. Thank you.

Just lucky, Ken ;)

No need to uninstall the S1 App. - As you already have an S2 system setup, so simply install the S2 App on your iPad and on first run (after agreeing the T&C’s), choose the option to connect to your ‘existing’ S2 system and press the join button on one of your S2 products when prompted… job done. 👍

edit: Bruce beat me to it.

1. I’m afraid you’re wildly misguided ;). The app doesn’t care if things are powered up or down, that advice is only for adding a new piece of hardware. You should be able to just download the app to your iPad, use the ‘connect to existing system’ when you open it, and it will find the correct system. 

2. It should have zero impact, other than allowing to connect and control both systems on your iPad.