S1 app crashes when search for radio stations

• 17 November 2020
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 3

every time I search for a radio station and click on “stations” to refine the search, the app crashes.  I’ve cleared the cache, I’ve re-installed the app and it hasn’t resolved it.

I’m using the S1 app, a Samsung note 10.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

24 replies

Badge

I have the same problem, I can search from the pc but not from either of two Android phones, just crashes. Tried reinstalling without success

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @User688701.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Have you tried to check if your android phone and Sonos app software are running also the latest software update?

Can you try to use a different android device?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Just tried it on my Samsung S20, same result (instant crash when searching Stations).

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Me too. It's not often I use the search function to find a station but I tried last weekend and it kept crashing out. Just tried again and same result. Looks like it's broken. I'm using S1.

Badge

Galaxy s10e crashes every time, even after reinstalling. Galaxy s7 is ok. Both show app updated 17th September.

That’s interesting data. Have you submitted diagnostics from both devices, and informed Sonos Customer Support, so they have some hard data to compare, and see where the issue is occurring?

Badge

I will when my wife returns home with her s7!

Badge

Data for my s10e submitted, pre search is 653085627 and 588542371 post search

Hopefully, the community moderators will be passing this data on to the engineering team!

Userlevel 3

Hi

I am running all the latest os on phone and s1 sonos.

Can we get a fix for the s1 please as cannot play any radio......

Badge

I added the stations I needed using the pc windows app, could you use that as a temporary way to get them?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Using S1, as soon as I've typed three characters it just crashes. Diagnostic is 1901658868. Hopefully someone from Sonos will have a look and respond. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Anyone from Sonos had chance to look at diagnostic?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @jacob_7.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

We’ve checked the diagnostic report you just submitted today, and there's no issue showing in the diagnostic.

If you have other phones you can test to isolate, and if the other phone works then I suggest contacting the manufacturer of the phone first phone your using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @jacob_7.

We’ve checked the diagnostic report you just submitted today, and there's no issue showing in the diagnostic.

If you have other phones you can test to isolate, and if the other phone works then I suggest contacting the manufacturer of the phone first phone your using.

Mark what the hell are you talking about? The Android app has been crashing when searching for about three months. Many threads on it, some with your support comrades at least admitting there is a problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @jacob_7.

If you need help with any other informatioforn, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark, thanks for responding. It doesn't work on my wife's android phone either. 

Have you got an android phone running S1 you could try it on and let me know if it works? 

Cheers

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @jacob_7.

Mark what the hell are you talking about? The Android app has been crashing when searching for about three months. Many threads on it, some with your support comrades at least admitting there is a problem.

Seriously, Mark. Many threads on this exact same issue. I've tried everything to correct the problem. App still crashes every time I type in a few letters to search for a station. Fix the problem and quit making it seem like it's a hardware issue! I'm sick of it all. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @john kallas and @jacob_7.

@jacob_7.

Thanks for testing the other device, we just want to know if it will work or not as part of the troubleshooting and as you can see other customers are already complaining about this issue for several months now.

@john kallas.

I know your upset about your Sonos app. not working properly we don't have a timeline we can share to fix the issue, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates

If you have some time I would like to recommend calling also our customer phone support on this to gather other details like crash logs and more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jacob_7.

Seems blaming everything apart from Sonos is the default response on all these threads. 

Nothing wrong with your phone imho.

Same problem on Google Pixel 5 and Samsung FE20 FAN. Obviously nothing to do with the make of phone. When is this going to be fixed?!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DSU20.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps.

It doesn't need individual troubleshooting.  It needs Sonos to fix the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It doesn't need individual troubleshooting.  It needs Sonos to fix the problem. 

Indeed. @Mark P please, instead of another useless boilerplate reply, tell the controller team in Engineering to fix the Android app. If you don’t know who to ask, start with Diane Roberts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

New update on the Play Store fixes it.

Not specifically mentioned in the Release Notes.

In the past Ryan would have been on this and probably updated all the threads there were complaining about the issue.  Unless he'd already merged all the threads into one instead of reading each one as if it were the first reported instance…