Answered

S1 and S2 do i need a connect for both?

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Just setting up my S2 system which runs through a Connect.  Can I set my legacy speakers up on an S1 system using the wireless method (i.e. no Connect), to run alongside my S2 system or do I need another Connect or does both the S1 and S2 system run through the same Connect?  Answers preferable in one syllable, technophobe language!!!!!! 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 2 July 2020, 13:40

Just setting up my S2 system which runs through a Connect.  Can I set my legacy speakers up on an S1 system using the wireless method (i.e. no Connect), to run alongside my S2 system or do I need another Connect or does both the S1 and S2 system run through the same Connect?  Answers preferable in one syllable, technophobe language!!!!!! 

Clod.  In order to setup a wired/sonosnet network, you need to wire at least one of your Sonos devices to the network.  That device can be a Connect, but it can be any other device in your system.  The Connect’s purpose is to link a 3rd party audio system to Sonos, not to link it to your network.  And of course, you can use the wireless method, with no Sonos device wired to your network, as well.

Your S1 and S2 systems will be completely separate, no shared devices between them.  You can setup your S2 as wired, and S1 as wireless...or vice versa, or both wired, both wireless.

View original

2 replies

Clod.  In order to setup a wired/sonosnet network, you need to wire at least one of your Sonos devices to the network.  That device can be a Connect, but it can be any other device in your system.  The Connect’s purpose is to link a 3rd party audio system to Sonos, not to link it to your network.  And of course, you can use the wireless method, with no Sonos device wired to your network, as well.

Your S1 and S2 systems will be completely separate, no shared devices between them.  You can setup your S2 as wired, and S1 as wireless...or vice versa, or both wired, both wireless.

I am wondering if you really mean a Boost not a Connect, but that doesn’t change any of the advice given by @melvimbe .