Room/Speaker Volume Control 'Lock'

• 28 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I have multiroom Sonos setup in 5 rooms which are often grouped together. I find it frustrating when I change the group volume and it changes all the speakers. I’d like to have the option to lock the volume for a particular room/speaker, maybe have a lock button next to the mute button, so that when you change the master volume it doesn’t change the sound level in that particular room.
Alternatively an option in settings to disable the master volume control so that each room has to be adjusted individually, would be very handy, what do you think?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi there, markmccall. Thanks for posting your idea and welcome to the Community. I am happy to forward this topic along to the team for consideration and visibility. I like the idea of a lock button next to the mute button, do you think it should be password or passcode protected? I'm sure some parents would like a feature like that.

Thanks again!
Userlevel 2
Badge
It might be useful to have a pin code. Or the option to restrict access to certain child devices on iCloud family sharing so that they can only change music or volume in rooms specified.