Room names

• 6 September 2018
  • 11 replies

How do I change room names?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
go to settings ...room settings... choose the room and click the name and change it.
duh...it worked thanks all
Userlevel 2
'Settings | Room Settings' dialog doesn't exist anymore on Sonos Controller for PC 9.2.
It is also not available on the Android app.

How can Room Names be changed now with the new software?
Thanks
The only reasons for it not being available on Android is mismatched hardware and app versions, or you Android OS is only partially supported.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the reply!
Yes, my Android is 5.1, very old.

Is it still possible to change room names with Sonos Controller for PC 9.2?
Thank you
I believe that the functionality has been pulled from the PC controller. You may want to read https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/updates-to-the-desktop-controller-coming-soon-6813300
Userlevel 2
Well, that's very un-Sonos-like, reducing value instead of adding it. I guess my bedroom system will remain named "Patio" forever.

Based on what I've read in this forum, I suspect this functionality is lost to old hardware like my ZP-80 and ZP-100, but may still exist on new hardware?

Can anyone confirm that new hardware still retains this function of renaming Rooms?
Thanks
It's not a change in hardware, it's the ability of the controller. The desktop versions have lost the functionality of renaming rooms, but it still exists in the mobile (iOS and Andriod) versions.
Well, that's very un-Sonos-like, reducing value instead of adding it. I guess my bedroom system will remain named "Patio" forever.

Based on what I've read in this forum, I suspect this functionality is lost to old hardware like my ZP-80 and ZP-100, but may still exist on new hardware?

Can anyone confirm that new hardware still retains this function of renaming Rooms?
Thanks

Nothing to do with the Sonos hardware, you can change the name on any Sonos ever made via an iOS/Android device that meets the requirements listed here:

https://www.sonos.com/en-ie/software/release/9-2
I could no longer do this on the desk top but was able to go into settings on mobile device and change room names. I am a mac user/
I moved and needed to change al my room names! It was very simple in the IOS app on my iPad (or iPhone). Settings, Room Settings. Done!