Room grouping ‘everywhere’ won’t select a particular room

• 3 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a system I installed for a client that where I swapped out a sonos one sl black for one that’s white. The room is a master bathroom. The problem I have is that when I tap the group button and then click ‘everywhere’ the room won’t select.  I can manually click the room and it works fine from there. But the ‘everywhere’ will neither select or unselect that particular room.  I’ve factory defaulted the speaker and added it back using a different name and same results.  My app is up to date and Sonos the sonos system. This problem is repeatable on multiple iOS devices. Sonos tech support suggested posting this question to the community. They are stumped apparently. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There may not be much logic to this question, but in System settings, in About My System, are the speakers on WM:0 or WM:1?  Are any speakers wired?

Another question without much logic behind it….have you rebooted the router? And, for that matter, since the Sonos ‘system’ is a distributed system across all devices, have you rebooted (and not factory reset!) all Sonos devices?

Sonos tech support suggested posting this question to the community. They are stumped apparently. 

Oh dear. What hope is there.

Reboot the entire system. It could be that a table of devices somewhere, from which the controller is fetching “Everywhere”, has got bent.