RIP CR100

• 2 February 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Such a shame my life line is going.
I have 2 working CR 100’s.
They have recently been the ONLY way to upgrade SONOS during upgrade issues.
Now I’ve received an email saying I’ve to disconnect them and recycle them.
The best way to manage music. Share sla selectioncevice with friends at BBQ’s etc. Almost unbreakable. Certainly ground breaking in its time. Such a shame that SONOS are now 100% dependent on somebody else’s devices and technology to be able operate ANYTHING they make. What a bizarre business model we drove nowadays.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There actually still is the CR200 - so the days of the Sonos OEM controller are still not completely numbered.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Forget about that. Got one of them too in the back room. Not used so much. Not as good. But fair point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
yea not nearly the hard buttons on the CR200.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Yep, certainly going to miss my sole (pre-owned) CR100, ideal for use in my shower room. The writing is obviously on the wall too for my 6xCR200 CONTROLs. Sonos as a company no longer impresses me the way it used to, and I have been a long time user.
Userlevel 1
This is infuriating news for me. Two homes, two boats, a ton of SONOS components, a total of 13 CR100's (some added within the last couple of months).

A $100 coupon isn't going to fix this. This is the first time that SONOS has REALLY let me down. BIG TIME!
Such a shame my life line is going.
I have 2 working CR 100’s.
They have recently been the ONLY way to upgrade SONOS during upgrade issues.
Now I’ve received an email saying I’ve to disconnect them and recycle them.
The best way to manage music. Share sla selectioncevice with friends at BBQ’s etc. Almost unbreakable. Certainly ground breaking in its time. Such a shame that SONOS are now 100% dependent on somebody else’s devices and technology to be able operate ANYTHING they make. What a bizarre business model we drove nowadays.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Farewell then old friend.
No more can I quickly play where we left off as I sit at my desk. No. Now I have to fumble in my pocket find the phone, unlock it, open the app. What a drag.
No more can I easily turn the sound down when answering a call or share you with friends as they select a track. Now I have to mess about with an iPhone idle or find an iPad to wake up.

Nor can I easily Select tracks between strums of a guitar and not worry when you fell off the desk. Robust you were. Robust an iPhone is not.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
So. Just to say that I am still so massively pi**ed off At not having an active CR100. Biggest issue. Turning the friggin music down when my mobile rings. One device 2 actions needed. Grrrrrr Sonos I am disliking you more and more every day and I’ve loved you for oh so many years. I see a divorce in the horizon. & I’ve Never been divorced.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
use the voucher to buy one of the Xpress keypads
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Yeah. Thought about it. But that’s yet another app required. Only 6 months rechargeable batteries !
What a pain.
Baffled why Sonos doesn’t have this type of device integrated into their devices. Oh wait. They did. Mmmmmm. .

3rd party I know. But ... ho hum.