Answered

revert to sonos 1

Whilst removing my Sonos bridge the system told me to upgrade to sonos2, which I did. However that upgrade now does not recognise my play 5.  I want to revert to Sonos 1 but seem unable to do so as Sonos 2 keeps coming up every time I try to reinstall Sonos 1. How do I get back to Sonos 1?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 May 2021, 15:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

WessexPete,

Entirely at your own risk… The easiest way, is to perhaps power-off all your (now) ‘S2-upgraded’ devices and remove the S2 App from your Sonos mobile controller(s), leaving just your Play:5 (Gen1) running in/on the S1 App …and then factory reset your powered off devices and add them back to the S1 system via ‘Add Product’ in ‘Settings/System’.

All being well, they will (hopefully) downgrade on re-install.

Don’t forget to uninstall the S2 App before you start, otherwise you may find you encounter some difficulties …and whatever you do, do not factory reset your Play:5 (gen1) as you may lose your original Household/System Settings etc.

Ken

all make sense will give this a try and advise on the outcome. Greatly appreciate the suggestion.

cheers 

Pete