Revert back to old controller

• 10 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I have found the new updated controller to be extremely difficult to use. I.e switching room to room, locating playlists in pandora, changing volume in 1 zone, switching stations from pandora to spotify, searching for old pandora stations, searching for new pandora stations, downloading spotify stations to listen to later offline.
I could go on but it wouldnt solve the problem.

The last ios based controller was extremely user friendly. Very simple and quick to find all the settings. It was highly intuitive. I dont find any of these to be true on the latest update.

Is there any way to revert back to the simplified interface? If not would it be possible to have a future uodate that can bring back many of the easier to use functions?

Its so annoying and difficult to use that were discussing getting rid of sonos and going back to our old setup.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Same problem for me on android.
I would love the old controller back!
And now my iPhone with IOS9 is also useless. Why can't we access old. versions of the SONOS app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
And now my iPhone with IOS9 is also useless. Why can't we access old. versions of the SONOS app?
Because they won't work with newer versions of the speaker software.

You might want to try the third party SonoPhone app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonophone-for-sonos/id815251931
Is there any SonoPhone version for Android ?
Thanks so much, it works a charm! Why can’t SONOS be bothered to do the same?