Question

Reset remote control

• 11 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

I am new to Sonos, yesterday I set it up for the first time and was prompted to configure a remote, which I did.

As I was new to the system I configured the remote, volume up, volume down etc... was not the correct thing to do but it worked.
I wanted to change the remote and the controls, so I reprogrammed the remote and selected "Replace Current Control" which allowed me to reconfigure the remote. i.e. press up button, then up 3 times. Then press down button and down button 3 times and finally the mute button.

That's when i realised I didn't program the mute button correctly.
Now when I tried to "Replace Current Control" again, at the first press of the up button, the software states that it's finished the configuration of the remote and ends.

I have reset the system (holding play/pause on power up) and run through the setup wizard, but when go to add the remote, the first press of the up button, the software states that it's finished the configuration of the remote.

How do i reset the system so that it forgets the remote configuration?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi, welcome to the community.

Would it be possible to try with a different remote? Once that one is pair/sync with the PLAYBAR exchange it by the correct remote.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks.
Thanks Max,

I have already tried that, it seem that the system remembers the first press of every remote you try. It looks that you only have one attempt to set up a remote.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Understood. That shouldn't be the case. The best would be to contact our customer care team by phone. A Sonos agent will be able to remotely connect to your system and check the settings. Let us know how it goes.