Answered

Request for volume/playback slider control change

• 28 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge
It would be great to make the sliders so you don’t have to aim specifically for the “dot” in the sliderbar but you could just drag anywhere on sliderbar to adjust the dot’s position. It would make the “fine” control for volume and playback a lot easier. So, just put your finger anywhere on the sliders and just drag to control them.

This counts for any of the sliders (like volume limit in settings etc.) in the the apps for all platforms and devices. Now only showing the iPad app below:

icon

Best answer by Jeff S 28 May 2019, 20:36

Hi ssspennn,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for the suggestion. We're always looking for ways to make the experience better, and many current features come from requests like yours. I'll send in a feature request to make it so you can click and drag the volume sliders from any place on the bar.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi ssspennn,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for the suggestion. We're always looking for ways to make the experience better, and many current features come from requests like yours. I'll send in a feature request to make it so you can click and drag the volume sliders from any place on the bar.
I second the need for a change. One example that works well with a slider is how smart light percentage works in Apple Home (you can long press to open a full screen, vertical slider that's *much* easier to manage). Ultimately, I'd probably prefer an incremental, numerical volume control though, as sliders are precarious at best. Thanks!
I know this isn't exactly what you are asking for, but did you know that you can tap on the volume slider to change the volume in small increments?
I know this isn't exactly what you are asking for, but did you know that you can tap on the volume slider to change the volume in small increments?

I do now! Thanks John!
For clarity, the tapping has to be on that side of the dot towards which you want the slider to move.

Why Jeff of Sonos did not say this in the first place is a mystery.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
It would be great to make the sliders so you don’t have to aim specifically for the “dot” in the sliderbar but you could just drag anywhere on sliderbar to adjust the dot’s position. It would make the “fine” control for volume and playback a lot easier. So, just put your finger anywhere on the sliders and just drag to control them.

This counts for any of the sliders (like volume limit in settings etc.) in the the apps for all platforms and devices. Now only showing the iPad app below:

SSSpenn, I'm guessing you are a relatively NEW user to Sonos? What you want is what Sonos USED to function like many years ago. Been using in since 2004 FYI. So this is another feature they unimproved during many of the software updates. So yea, when Sonos says thanks for the suggestion and we'll take it under advisement, they mean, drop dead, we changed this many years ago even though it wasn't broken and we can't change it back as that would mean admitting a mistake. Sorry if this seems harsh, but many of the Sonos support people were likely not using Sonos in 2004 or 06 or 08 or 10, and probably don't know that's how it used to be so I thought I'd drop a little history/facts in here.