Replacement CR200 won't connect

• 1 March 2020
  • 9 replies

When half of the screen of my CR200 went out, I picked up a replacement from eBay, because phone apps just won’t cut it for bedroom use.

Unfortunately, I can’t get the new CR200 to connect to my Sonos network, which consists of a ZP80, ZP100, and One(x2). 

So far, here’s what I’ve tried:

• Turning the wifi setting on/off for the ZP80/100 before attempting to connect.
  • Restarting the ZP80/100 before attempting to connect.
  • Restarting the router the ZP80 is wired into before attempting to connect.

The CR200 will switch to the “Connecting” screen, before it fails with a message that includes the link: http://faq.sonos.com/setupH

I really need to get this replacement working, as it was the lower half of the old CR200’s screen that failed, and that seems to be where all the controls are that I regularly use.  While the touch functionality continues to work, I’m not enjoying our games of blind man’s buff.

Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

You will need to factory reset of the CR200, I think, but these things are so far out of date that they usually require direct intervention on your system by Sonos Support, so I think you will have to call them.

Btw, never turn off the wifi setting for a room.  You are actually sabotaging SonosNet when you do so (it is a very badly labelled setting).

You will need to factory reset of the CR200, I think, but these things are so far out of date that they usually require direct intervention on your system by Sonos Support, so I think you will have to call them.

Btw, never turn off the wifi setting for a room.  You are actually sabotaging SonosNet when you do so (it is a very badly labelled setting).

With the wifi, I was following the “Prime Directive” of most forms of tech support: “Have you tried turning it off and on?"

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to apply this step to the controller itself.  I have now removed the battery for 10 seconds, before putting it back in.  Unfortunately, that didn’t change anything.  Do you know if there is a button combo that forces a factory reset?  I know there’s one in the menu, but mine is stuck at the “Ask for a language, then try to connect” portion of its startup.

I think you are unlikely to resolve this without calling Support,  based on previous cases 

@User609911 Thank you for bringing this issue to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. As John B recommends, please call into us for live assistance with this link. As the newly purchased CR 200 still has older software on it. You will need live assistance to make sure you get the CR 200 properly updated. After that step you should be able to get connected to your existing system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Don’t forget to Trade-Up your failing CR-200, even if you aren’t looking for a new Sonos today the 30% credit for recycling the old CR is supposed to be good forever.

Userlevel 2

Hi All,

I have a CR200 that had been working fine and upon replacing my WiFi router have not been able to get it to reconnect.

I just phoned in to support and was told by “Mary” that my CR200 is no longer supported and she was not able to help me resolve getting it connected.

Can anybody please help???

If I recall correctly, the CR200 requires a SonosNet connection to connect to. Is there a chance you moved from a wired solution to a wireless one with your new router? If you did, try wiring one speaker to your new router, give the system a couple of minutes to recognize the change, then check to see if the CR200 connects again, and be certain to remove your Wi-Fi credentials from the Sonos controller.

Badge +1

Good morning,

I’m currently working through the trade up process and in checking for the various components of my system I have noticed that my CR200 controller is not associated with my account and is not “seen”. The controller works and is a replacement that I acquired on Ebay. Can anyone help me with the steps to be followed to link the CR200 device to my account, please?

I have.a cr200 which I bought on eBay and won’t connect to my s1 system. I have another cr200 already which is working fine. I see some people above were assisted by support to help get their cr200 connected. Is this still possible? System diagnostic number 180821058

I have wired one of my Connects.