Repeat playlist AND Shuffle on each repeat?

• 16 January 2019
  • 1 reply

I've got a $19 MP3 player hooked to my home audio system continually playing a mix of 80s music -- and it plays randomly. I'd love to be able to do this with my Sonos Connect but I don't think it's an option - but could be.

I'd like to have a long playlist that I can put on random (shuffle) AND repeat all. I do NOT want it to keep repeating the tracks in the same order each time it starts over (which is what currently happens). It should randomly play each song once (which shuffle does) and then play each song again in a different random order - forever. Said another way, once the last song in the shuffled play list has been reached, I'd like it to re-shuffle the playlist and then start again from the top.

If I've missed some option, please share. If not, I hope some devs are reading the forums... I know this isn't a tough feature to implement -- the UI design would be the longest meeting (where would we put that option? ;-))

BTW: I'm playing songs from my local library - I'm not talking about any music services or Sonos speakers or mobile devices - I play from my collection to hardwired speakers throughout my house using the Sonos Connect(s) output(s).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I've got a $19 MP3 player hooked to my home audio system continually playing a mix of 80s music -- and it plays randomly. I'd love to be able to do this with my Sonos Connect but I don't think it's an option - but could be.

I'd like to have a long playlist that I can put on random (shuffle) AND repeat all. I do NOT want it to keep repeating the tracks in the same order each time it starts over (which is what currently happens). It should randomly play each song once (which shuffle does) and then play each song again in a different random order - forever. Said another way, once the last song in the shuffled play list has been reached, I'd like it to re-shuffle the playlist and then start again from the top.

If I've missed some option, please share. If not, I hope some devs are reading the forums... I know this isn't a tough feature to implement -- the UI design would be the longest meeting (where would we put that option? ;-))

BTW: I'm playing songs from my local library - I'm not talking about any music services or Sonos speakers or mobile devices - I play from my collection to hardwired speakers throughout my house using the Sonos Connect(s) output(s).

Hi EyelashViper,

At this time the shuffle order in the Sonos queue will stay in the same order until it is toggled off and on again. The order doesn't change after the repeat function kicks in. I'll send along a feature request to have the shuffle order update each time the repeat starts again.