Question

Reordering Favorites

• 8 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Why can't I reorder my favorites? In Sonos Music Source SiriusXM, in Favorites, I can't drag and reorder my channels, which are just listed numerically. In the Tidal App, my favorite artists are alphabetized, but in Sonos Music Source Tidal, in My Music/Artists, they are in some random order, which is beyond frustrating?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi PiranhaRGJ, welcome to the community. Thanks for your feedback on this. At the moment it's just how the app works, but I'm going to forward on a feature request to our development team for adding the functionality to order your favorites manually.
Tom B--Status update, please?--Rick
Rick,

In most cases, Sonos chooses not to tell us what is being worked on, or when it will be available. It's very rare cases (Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Echo/Alexa) where they tell us something in advance, and sometimes even give us a timeline. But for the great majority of features (and requests), all they'll say is that they'll discuss it with the team, and then we get it in an update, after some unspecified length of time.

You can see some evidence of why this is a common thing by looking at the Audible threads scattered throughout the boards. At one point, a rep suggested a time frame, and if I were to guess, there were many issues, priority changes, and policy shifts that made that suggested time not possible, so they're currently being roasted.

If you're truly interested in what's next, I'd recommend requesting access to the betas, although I think you probably would need a certain amount of tolerance to things not working, frequent updates, etc.

But you're unlikely to get an update on the status of your request, unless they've changed their policy recently.