Renaming issue

• 12 September 2018
  • 6 replies

So I had a Sonos One set up with Alexa and it was named "Office". I bought a Sonos 3 for that room and named it "Study", moved the One to the bedroom and have been trying to rename it "Bedroom" instead of "Office". I've renamed it in the Sonos and Alexa apps. When I do that the name is correct but if I close the app and open it again the name goes back to "Office". It's not a massive issue but it's got me puzzled and i can't work out how to fix it. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, marc_green. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report after renaming the room and another after the app closes and automatically changes the name back? Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives after. Thanks!
Hi Keith.
I've done 3 diagnostic reports. The first was when the system was just operating "as is" Confirmation number is 211522791.
I then renamed Office to Bedroom. Confirmation number is 919590602.
Then it went back to be Office. Confirmation number is 1370416412
Hope this helps.
cheers
Marc
I have a faint recollection of another thread or two in which this was determined to be an issue with Apple's "home" naming, which was going in and renaming speakers after the Sonos software had named them. Which might not be your case at all....but seemed to be somewhat related, and worth bringing up as a potential.
Hi Bruce,

Tks for the reply. It was an issue with the Apple Home stuff. Problem solved thank you

cheers
Marc
I'm having a similar problem - named each of three Sonos One's with Front, Back, and Basement. A week or so later, all three are now named "Sonos One." Haven't made any other changes to the system. The rest of the room names were not affected, just the Ones. This has happened twice now. Any suggestions on how to maintain the room names in Sonos?
See my reply above.